Stop the Drag Ban Bill
Join our Advocacy!
Resource Center advocates for the LGBTQIA+ community as well as all people impacted by HIV/AIDS. The Center’s advocacy takes many forms, from meeting with local and state lawmakers about issues important to the LGBTQIA+ and HIV/AIDS communities to working with local government, businesses and schools to make more inclusive environments. We also keep the community informed, and encourage grassroots advocacy to protect our rights.
Join us as we work to create better laws and policies for the LGBTQIA+ and HIV/AIDS communities! Click the button below to sign up and be one of the first to know about upcoming advocacy opportunities.
When it comes to advocating for the LGBTQIA+ community as well as all people impacted by HIV/AIDS, it’s an important part of Resource Center’s past, present and future. We’ve spoken and marched in demonstrations and encouraged people to write letters, send e-mails and make phone calls to their elected representatives. Here are examples of our past work:
- Lead the efforts to get Dallas ISD to adopt a comprehensive anti-bullying policy.
- Rolled out the “OUT for Safe Schools” comprehensive LGBTQIA+ anti-bullying training with Dallas ISD and Uplift Education, reaching thousands of students across North Texas.
- Worked with the City of Dallas and Dallas County to add transgender employment protections and health insurance benefits.
- Conducted LGBTQIA+ cultural competency training for TABC around the state in the wake of the Rainbow Lounge raid.
- Helped numerous municipalities, companies and other organizations adopt LGBTQIA+-inclusive policies for employees and residents.