Since 2013, Gray Pride has been the only LGBTQ-focused senior services program in Dallas, with a primary focus on combatting isolation and improving mental health. Gray Pride engages senior citizens through activities designed to provide social interaction and combat isolation. Once engaged in a safe place, senior participants have access to Resource Center’s mental health and behavioral health counseling programs. Gray Pride is also a means to allow Resource Center to increase efforts to raise awareness of issues facing LGBTQ seniors through advocacy.
Combat Isolation and Loneliness through Social Activities:
- Weekly events:
- Weekly support group (grief/loss, coming out, aging gracefully, retirement, etc.): Mondays at 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Monday Meetups: Mondays at 1-3 p.m. This is a drop-in format so that you can visit, play a game or watch a movie with others.
- Monthly Mixers: Third Thursday at 6-8 p.m. This is our monthly mixer event to socialize with beverages and appetizers provided.
- Annual events:
- Prom: May 2018
- Holiday Party: Dec. 2017
Behavior Health Services:
- LGBTQ focused mental health and substance abuse for adults.
- Behavioral Health counseling services are available for adults in either individual, group or family settings.
- Click here for behavioral health services.
To stay up to date on all of our upcoming events and see photos from past events - join our Gray Pride group on Facebook!
Resource Center Community Center
5750 Cedar Springs Road
Dallas, TX 75235
Click here to check our agency calendar for a list of upcoming events.
For information about the Elder Financial Safety Center, click here.